*

*

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1/3 of a Year Old

I've become an idiot when it comes to math and I blame pregnancy and "Mommy" hormones. I had to think really hard to make sure the title of this post is accurate..haha! Silas turned 4 months old yesterday, can you believe it?! He weighs 12lbs, 11oz (15th percentile) and is 24.8 inches long (50th percentile)! Silas is exclusively breastfed and eats a lot, but seems to take after his Daddy in the long and lean category. His pediatrician said he is doing great though and is at a fine weight, which makes this worrywart a little calmer. I'm sure he'll bulk up once we start introducing cereal :). Silas is such a trooper when it comes to his shots too, although today he is fussy and wants to cuddle and be held (I'm typing one handed), but I don't mind.

Silas is now able to roll over from front to back and back to front. Adam has video of him flipping back and forth at least 5 times in a row! He wants to move so badly! He also does "baby" sit-ups when he's propped on his boppy or sitting next to someone; he grunts and almost face-plants into his feet. :). Silas really likes to be held facing out so he can see everything and loves sitting up in an exersaucer; he always laughs. I like to call it his executive chair.

 "Where are my reports?!"


He likes to nap when he gets bored of looking out.

He has also started to take "big boy" baths in his tub and loves them. He's getting very good at splashing! He has already almost outgrown the tub; he is able to touch both ends at the same time now.


Look at those fat rolls!

 Silas looks like a boxer preparing for a fight. Serious face!

Adam and I have such strange work schedules; he drove during the holidays and is now back at preload with full time hours at UAH (mechanical engineering degree) and I work whenever I want or am needed (sweet deal). We try to meet up for lunch or send pictures to the parent at work to make the day a little sweeter.

 Lunch meet-up. Did I mention Silas is trying to teethe? Drool city!

 Uncle Ryan teaching Silas how to lift weights while I was working one day.

Crossfit baby working on form.

Helping Daddy with laundry, Silas' favorite chore.

Silas is such a talker! He has started to get very loud when cooing; I think he likes the sound of his voice. He was "singing" this past Sunday during the worship; amazing that we could hear him along with everyone else! He loves to laugh and some of his favorite sounds are keys falling, squeaky sounds, and other people laughing.

I know I already posted about Christmas, but here are a few more pictures for your enjoyment :).


 "Santa came last night?!"


 Fueling up for Xmas shopping at Another Broken Egg Cafe.

Trying on boots at H & M.



Oh and did you hear Alabama won the BCS National Championship? We watched most of it (why did it have to start so late?) and made sure we all had some team gear on. I think Silas was a good luck charm for the team...


Happy 4 months precious boy! I can't wait to see what you've got in store for month 5!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...