*

*

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Baby Bumpdate: Week 37

So, I am officially the most pregnant I've ever been...haha! I am 37 weeks, 4 days along. Silas was born at 37 weeks, 3 days. Needless to say, I've been talking to Elijah a lot about coming out whenever he's ready (translation = soon)! While I was praying with Silas tonight, he started talking about Elijah unprompted, pointing to my belly and saying, "Eli home!" I think he's ready to meet his brother :)

As of last Thursday, I was about 2 cm dilated, 30% effaced and -1 station. I would not be surprised if he is now 0 station considering how much and how violently I have coughed over the past 6 days with my nasty, cold.

We do have a new home for the board, but just haven't gotten it hung there just yet ;)

How far along: 37 weeks

Total weight gain: 27.5- 28 lbs. I think I've hit that point where you start losing weight or at least plateauing.

Maternity clothes: Yes, and I don't know how much longer I can wear "nice" shirts as opposed to Adam's t-shirts.

Stretch marks: No....I am so thankful!

Sleep: Still up twice a night and I've had back labor type pains some nights along with the awful coughing. I feel sleep deprived already.

Best moment of this week: Silas just being more vocal and independently talking about Elijah. Also, Alabama's win over LSU was pretty epic and reminded me how much fun I have with Adam; I love that man :)

Miss anything: Not coughing! I am really looking forward to feeling 100% better.

Movement: Still moving a lot!

Food cravings: Nothing really, being sick just takes away my appetite.

Anything making you queasy or sick: The cold virus!

Have you started to show yet: Obviously...haha!

Gender: Boy

Labor signs: Yes, but nothing that stays consistent. I've had the back labor feelings and lots of contractions just around the belly. Hoping for the real deal soon!

Belly button in or out: Out even more than last week. It must be the coughing.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or moody most of the time: Moody, but who wouldn't be at 9 months pregnant and not feeling well?

Looking forward to: Elijah! Also, just knowing I will get to spend some of the most magical times of the year at home with my boys without having to worry about work; that's going to be awesome!

Confession: I am slightly terrified in ways I didn't experience with Silas' pregnancy. I'm sure part of it is fear that Silas won't feel special anymore or even that I won't love Elijah as much. I fear that I will feel more overwhelmed than joyful, that Adam will get lost in the chaos, and the true fact that I will see my sin even more (funny and merciful how the Lord uses marriage and parenthood to change and sanctify us). I am trying to stay calm and remember that I feel those things because I am unable to love my family without Christ's help; those feelings are meant to draw me to Him, who can do all things, even keep a fearful wife and mom above things that would try to crush me. 

Would you keep us in your prayers? For a safe and quick, natural delivery, a smooth transition for all of us becoming a family of four, and to feel more joy than anything else. I appreciate you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...